For the purposes of data protection laws, Inhere Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, email address, phone number and payment details) whenever you place an order for a meditation session from our site, or if you create an account on our site, or you request further information about Inhere.
How we use your personal data
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis (this will be undertaken on an aggregated anonymised basis so that no personal data will be comprised in our analysis findings);
- analysing your purchasing preferences in order to tailor our communications with you;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- we may on occasion record a meditation session (but will seek your consent to this in advance);
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you; and
- improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email about products that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- the operator of the venue in which a meditation session is held;
- our payment processors.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold data about you relating to your booking a meditation for as long we need to in order to use it for the purposes listed above in the “How we Use your Personal Information” section, or to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we are required to retain certain financial information for a certain period to comply with UK tax and accounting regulations.
If you have opted-in to receive email information from us, we will retain your email address for a period of 18 months from our last having heard from you.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful bases on which we collect and use your personal data:
Where we use it to send you information about Inhere by email, we do so with your consent, which you have the option to withdraw at any time, by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our emails.
Where we use it to facilitate our providing you with a meditation session, we do so on the legal basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our honouring an agreement with you.
In other cases, we process data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to do so. Our legitimate interests are the provision of a service and operation of a business which we consider to be of benefit to our customers.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to the following which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as follows:
- to our email service provider, Mailchimp, which is in the USA. We do this to help us send out our email information to people who have consented to receive it.
- to our booking and communications platform, Mindbody, which is also in the USA. We do this to facilitate bookings and related communications with you.
The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the USA provides an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield certifications of Mailchimp and Mindbody.
MailChimp’s EU-US Privacy Shield certification is here – https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active .
Mindbody’s is here – https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOHGAA4&status=Active. If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom and EEA.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
- keep track of the items stored in your booking order and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, us at hello(@)inherestudio.com
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates , including any account or reference numbers
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to hello(@)inherestudio.com.
Our registered office is at 249 Chingford Mount Road, Chingford, London, E4 8LP.